Thursday, February 14, 2008

Annual Valentine's Day Parade

It’s been a parade of florists here today.

Colorful bouquets as cheery and bright as any Rose Bowl celebration.

Last year my desk was one of the planned stops.

I had my very own fragrant surprise and sweet card.

By the following week he fell off the planet.

Into the abyss of relationships that ended Soprano’s style.

Just this past December I got an e-mail.

From his girlfriend of two years.

She had been putting it off for almost a year.

She figured something was up when her live-in boyfriend got a package of chocolates and a cd on Valentine’s Day.

Doesn’t take a team of detectives to figure that one out.

Apparently I was the dirty mistress and didn’t even know it.

God I hope she dumped him.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

No comments: