Thursday, February 21, 2008

Soundtrack for Hibernating

I love mixed cd's. I love making them for myself and sharing them with others. Receiving them from friends. I think I do a pretty darn good job too. Over the years I've made a habit of creating soundtracks for different phases of my life... Happy Graduation, Tears, Get Over It, Dust Bunny Killers (for cleaning), Hello Stranger, Coffee House Blend, Summers 2002 - 2007, Feel the Burn, RoadTrip XYZ, Get it On, Angry Work Music, the list goes on and on and on... When I go back and listen to specific mixes I'm always surprised at what a reflection it is of my mindset at that point in time. A journal writen in someone elses words, but with my feelings behind it... and thank god someone else's voice!

I've also been accused of playing a song to death (ask any of my junior year roomates about Crazy - my apologoes AGAIN). As a result, many old favorites are an instant time warp machine back to a moment from my past. I've decided when I turn 30 I'm going to make a boxed set of greatest hits (and misses) from my 20's. Maybe I'll sell it online for 3 easy installments of $19.95 (I fell for that once. The cd's magically never appered on my doorstep. I'm pretty sure the mail lady at work was getting it on with my Smooth R&B as her background music).

So the most recent playlist that has been keeping me company (i.e. running on repeat day in and day out) while I hibernate looks a lil sometihng like this*...

Hibernation 08 (hopefully no versions '09 and '10)
Love Song - Sara Bareilles
The Fear You Won't Fall - Joshua Radin
Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy
Slow Dance - John Legend
Fallin In Love With You - Josh Kelley
Say - John Mayer
Up to the Mountain - Patty Griffin
Lost - Micheal Buble
New Soul - Yael Naïm
Better That We Break - Maroon
Forgiveness - Patty Griffin

I have to say I'm kinda proud it isn't full of more depressing music. I'm a HUGE fan of depressing songs so this is actually fairly upbeat for the dead of an abnormally frosty winter. And by frosty I am referring to the temp and my mood.

*Not sure what the legalities are for sharing music so I've not included the ACTUAL songs here. Everything is available on iTunes.

No comments: